1080p over component

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Mon Aug 16 12:31:16 MDT 2010

On 8/16/10 11:37 AM, Levi Pearson wrote:
> You can get the HDFury boxes cheaper at monoprice.com.  Definitely
> research the features of HDFury vs others.  HDFury does support HDCP,
> and the later versions have a lot of other nifty features that you
> might not find elsewhere.  A lot of those boxes have problems with
> image shifting, lack of brightness, etc, but the HDFury is supposed to
> deal with all of them and create a really nice picture.

The HDfury3 supports two features that I would like.  The first is
user-selectable EDID, so I could tell it not to support 1080p (since the
Hauppauge HD PVR doesn't support 1080p).  The second feature is DTS 5.1
digital audio out.

The first I think I can probably fix in the set top box.  The second is
more of a problem, but I'm not sure I care enough to pay the extra ($260
vs $145 on Amazon).

Do you have an HDfury?