trying to find Linux LiveCD for finding MSWindows license key

Tod Hansmann tod at todandlorna.com
Thu Aug 12 18:55:11 MDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 1:48 PM, Jeff Moyes wrote:

Get WinPE 2.x, which is free, and can access Windows network shares and
USB keys in many cases, and just burn the DVD ISO.  Attach the drive,
use MJB, and you're golden, assuming you have the correct WinXP install
disk (no, keys don't just work on any old winxp disk you have).
Alternatively, just use the winxp disc to run a repair on the system and
see if that works.

Note: if it's on a weird SATA controller, you might need the drivers to
get anywhere with anything of this nature at the XP level of things.

-Tod Hansmann