UPS Recommendations

Charles Curley charlescurley at
Wed Aug 11 21:34:17 MDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:33:12 -0600
Stuart Jansen <sjansen at> wrote:

> What's the best UPS for power hungry home server? Why?

I recommend an APC UPS. I'm very pleased with apcupsd, It lets you hang multiple machines off one UPS,
and will communicate between them, so they can all shut down gracefully
if need be. It has a set of CGI scripts so you can inspect your UPS
from any web browser you've given permissions to access the web server.

I have a Back-UPS LS 700.