Jacob Albretsen jakea at
Fri Aug 6 07:18:05 MDT 2010

Quoting Jared Smith <jaredsmith at>:

> And for once, I agree with Fozz.  What's this world coming to?  Oh,
> and here's an article on tech certs in general (with more specific
> details about RHCE) that you might find interesting:

Interesting that it says Security+ is number 3 on the list.  My job
required me to get a security certification and I ended up getting
Security+ (wasn't my first choice, but cost the least).  I read a
book, took some practice tests, then went and nearly got 100% on it.
I didn't find it particularly difficult compared to the studying and
practicing I had to do to earn the RHCE.

I'll also echo Aaron and others about the RHCT / RHCE.  Having my RHCE
has partially contributed to the last 3 jobs I've had.  One
specifically asked for it in the job description.  The certification
was worth the time.