Jobs?

Doran L. Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Thu Aug 5 23:24:31 MDT 2010

On Thursday, August 05, 2010 03:17:32 pm Aaron Toponce wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:57:03AM -0700, Mike wrote:
> > I have recently received my Linux+ certification, which I know is not
> > much.
>
> Have you given thought to your RHCT or RHCE? IMO, these certifications
> are far more valuable than Linux+ or LPI. They're up-to-date, they're
> hands-on, and they're extremely relevant to what an admin would face in
> the datacenter.

I completely and totally agree with Aaron (I know, unbelievable) on this one.
I don't know how much you're spending on these (silly) A+, Linux+, and
Network+ certs, but RHCT or RHCE carries a lot more weight in the industry and
if the test itself is any measure, you'll actually know stuff when you get
certified.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude