Perl Postscript Problem

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Aug 4 13:49:13 MDT 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Levi Pearson wrote:

>> Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
>> /usr/share/perl5/PostScript/TextBlock.pm line 57.
>
> Sorry, I don't have anything actually useful to add, but it seems crazy
> that perl would refuse to let you use an integer in a string as a
> number.

It's not refusing to use a string as a number -- it's refusing to use a
string as an array reference.

>From a quick look at the code, it seems something is wrongly overwriting
the PostScript::TextBlock object you create with a "1", so that later uses
that expect it to be an array fail. You'd need to debug and track down
what wrongly overwrites the object to fix it. Given that it's a fairly
simple module, it may not be that hard to find the problem.

There are many other PostScript-generation packages on CPAN, but I doubt
any use the same API as this one.

One I've used is PostScript::BasicTypesetter.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation