Perl Postscript Problem

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 13:26:04 MDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> I have been using PostScript::TextBlock to spit out envelope text ready
> to print. No graphics, nothing fancy, and it has worked for years. Now
> on Ubuntu 10.4 ("Good Buddy") I get:
>
> Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
> at /usr/share/perl5/PostScript/TextBlock.pm line 57.

Sorry, I don't have anything actually useful to add, but it seems
crazy that perl would refuse to let you use an integer in a string as
a number.  That always seemed like one of the defining features of
perl--that it would do what you mean instead of forcing you to
conform.

That being said, maybe you could find some way to turn "strict refs"
off?  Sounds like that would eliminate the issue and alleviate the
need to find a new envelope printing solution.

        --Levi