Perl Postscript Problem

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Aug 4 12:26:54 MDT 2010

I have been using PostScript::TextBlock to spit out envelope text ready
to print. No graphics, nothing fancy, and it has worked for years. Now
on Ubuntu 10.4 ("Good Buddy") I get:

Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
at /usr/share/perl5/PostScript/TextBlock.pm line 57.

What googling I have done indicates that this is because perl is
getting stricter in how it does things. Unfortunately the
PostScript::TextBlock module is dated 1999. I suspect it is not going
to be updated any time soon.

Can anyone recommend a replacement perl module? Thanks.