System only sees 8 of 16 GB of RAM

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:46:10 MDT 2010

 Any suggestions on what I should do next?
    Call Lenovo support. They might give you the run-around because you
didn't buy the memory with the laptop, and it may not be in the "supported
memory" list, but you can try.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me, but the way I
understand it, if the BIOS doesn't see the full amount of memory, nothing
will. Sure, each slot might be able to see 4GB, hence memtest shows 4GB each
slot, but if the BIOS can't handle 8GB as a whole then you're out of luck.
Since Lenovo claims it supports it, they may have a problem with their BIOS
and will have to come out with an update soon.

Good luck.

-Eric