1080p over component

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:13:09 MDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 12:47:30PM -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> Two different BestBuy associates have now told me that HDMI is the only way to have 1080p. Wikipedia says that component supports 1080p. Are these associates simply trying to sell HDMI cables?

Yup. They're lying. Component cables can carry 1080p, and you don't have
to worry about you movie not playing, because you have a different brand
DVD player than television. Yes, component cables are DRM-free. The same
can't be said for HDMI. Man I wish IEEE1394 would have succeeded.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O