OT: Video recorder/player repair

Doran L. Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Mon Aug 2 22:20:52 MDT 2010

I've got boatloads of 8mm and Hi8 video cassettes and I've slowly been
capturing them into a digital format for preservation, but I've run into some
problems with my players. One is giving me an obscure error code and the other
is showing bands of snow, like VHS tracking noise, on the bottom of the
screen. I know at least the second problem is easily addressable by someone
who knows what they're doing, but I want to find a trusted electronics repair
person or place. Does anyone have any recommendations?

--
Doran L. Barton - Hypermoo Inc. - <fozz at hypermoo.com> - 801-520-9875
Open source consulting, custom development, systems/network administration