[OT] How to remux ogm container into standard ogg

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:15:01 MDT 2010

With all the trash talking coming out of Apple regarding the Theora
video codec, I was reminded that I have quite a few homemade video clips
in the now-obsolete ogm container format.  Try as I might, I cannot find
an easy way to remux them into standard ogg files.  With ffmpeg I just
do something like this:

ffmpeg -i youtubeclip.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy youtubeclip.mp4

Does anyone know of an easy, similar command for ogg and ogm?  I'm not
transcoding.  Just need to convert between containers.

My current thought is to dump the streams out of the ogm files and then
remux them back to an ogg with one of the tools provided in
theora-tools.  Not sure quite how to go about this, though.  I tried
using vlc (which actually works well as a transcoder normally) to
convert the file without actually transcoding, but it errors out for
some reason.

thanks.

Michael