OT: Dell Laptop For Sale

Joe C v2joecr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:51:54 MDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
>> My T61p's video is also listed as "discrete" but when my nVidia chip
>> died, the entire motherboard had to be replaced.
>
> Right, "discrete" doesn't mean user replaceable.  Just means it's a
> separate chip.
>
> well.. Unless you are really good with an very very tiny soldering iron.

Sorry I should have also included the following URL where they show
directions for replacing it. Sorry I forgot most of you didn't support
the Dell laptops where discrete does infact mean it is a piece of
hardware secured by screws. It is not going to be considered a CRU,
that is from my past experience supporting the Dell laptops &
desktops.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/sm/graphics.htm#wp1179839