OT: Dell Laptop For Sale

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:57:43 MDT 2010

> > Video Card:
> > NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 128 MB
>
> Would this be the same Nvidia 8400M which is defective in the HP
> dv9000 series, prone to overheating, and fated to failure (not if, but
> when--usually after any warranty is out)?
>
> Or are the Dell parts from a different batch?

I was never aware of such an issue.  As I mentioned earlier, I've had this
machine for two and a half years, so it's well outside the warranty range,
and I've never had any issues with it.  I haven't noticed any overheating
issues, poor performance, or crashes.

Granted, I haven't really pushed the graphics card.  As far as gaming goes,
I've probably only ever used it for occasional StarCraft and Halo.  But I
continuously run either Compiz or Aero.

-Stephen