OT: Dell Laptop For Sale

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:57:03 MDT 2010

I've decided it's time to hop aboard the Mac Hype Train and get me a MacBook
 Pro.  Am I crazy?  Probably.  Regardless, the bank account will appreciate
whatever alleviation it can find, and thus I find myself selling my trusty
Dell Inspiron 1520.  I bought it brand new about 2.5 years ago.  It came
with Windows Vista Home Premium, which I upgraded last year to Windows 7
Home Premium.  It also runs Linux, of course. :)  I ran Ubuntu on it for a
couple of years without a hitch, and I've had Gentoo on it for the past 4
months.

Physically it's in great shape.  I like to take care of my computers. :)
 It's never taken any sort of physical beating, as far as I know (I do have
2 kids).  No dead pixels.  Everything is humming along just like the day it
arrived.

Below are the tech specs and asking price:

15.4-inch Dell Inspiron 1520

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.20 GHz

RAM:
2 GB PC2-5300 (667 MHz) (this is 2 x 1-GB sticks)

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 128 MB

Native Resolution:
1680x1050

Hard Disk:
Seagate 120 GB, 7200 RPM, 8 MB cache

Optical Drive:
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H

Wireless:
Broadcom BCM4311 (aka DW1390) 802.11b/g

Ethernet:
Broadcom BCM4401-B0 (10/100 Mbps)

Ports:
1 x IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
1 x VGA
4 x USB 2.0
1 x TV-Out

Asking Price: $475

Unless you've got a question about it that would likely benefit the group,
feel free to reply to me off-list.  I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!
-Stephen