[OT] HAM Radio License

Brad Dorner bdorner at novell.com
Thu Apr 22 18:45:28 MDT 2010

To say just another form of communication is "slightly in accurate. It is the main form
of communication during any emergency. It is used by government groups during
natural disasters, search and rescue, and other emergencies. Morse code is not even
used much because of changes in radio technology. Communication like Facebook
(LOL), cell phones, and other forms are of little use at the time of an emergency.
The first line of communication has always been and is projected to be the only
true first line of communication during a disasters. The other may take days or
longer to get into place

Brad