[OT] HAM Radio License

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Apr 22 16:40:16 MDT 2010

On Thu, April 22, 2010 12:56, Daniel C. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Matthew Walker <mwalker at kydance.net> wrote:
>> HAM operators also help out a lot during emergencies by providing robust
>> communication
>> networks that don't rely on existing phone lines or the internet. I can't
>> say with 100%
>> certainty, but I would bet a large amount of money they were helping during
>> the disaster
>> in Haiti, for example.
>
> Cool.

Another group I am involved with is the Utah Radio & Scanner group. We are
mostly interested in public saftey monitoring. However, nearly the entire
group are also HAMs.

http://www.utahradio.org

Another cool resource is the Utah County ARES group. They do a lot of
integration with law enforcment, emergency services, etc:

http://ucares.org/

-Ryan