[OT] HAM Radio License

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Apr 22 13:32:13 MDT 2010

On Thu, April 22, 2010 1:26 pm, Daniel C. wrote:
>> In the past, when they still had the CW requirements for the higher classes, I'd
>> actually started learning, and I was at perhaps 5 wpm with half the alphabet, but then
>> I got too busy with other things and stopped.
>
> What tool did you use?  I've done some Google searches but have no way
> of knowing which is better.

Yeesh. That's a good question. It was so long ago, I'm not really sure. The best I can
do is describe it. :)

Basically, they let you download audio files that had drills starting with simple groups
of letters. There were static files, and randomly generated files. You'd listen to them,
and enter what you thought it was, and they'd score you. I'm trying to remember if I'd
started on learning sending yet, but I don't think I had. I was focusing on receiving
first.

I haven't really started shopping for a new learning tool yet, but there's got to be
some good ones out there. Really, whatever tool works for you is the right tool. :)

--
Matthew Walker