[OT] HAM Radio License

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 13:02:15 MDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 12:40 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
> I've always been curious - what exactly does one use a HAM radio for?

It's just another form of communication, like Facebook, IRC, cell phones
or mailing lists. One key difference that HAM radio has, that the rest
don't, in the event of a catastrophe is Morse code. It still remains one
of the most fundamental forms of communication when everything else
fails. Which still confounds me how Morse code knowledge and competency
is no longer part of the exams.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O