[OT] HAM Radio License

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Apr 22 12:29:27 MDT 2010

Somewhat off-topic, but I just had to announce that last night I passed the tests to get
my General Class License for HAM Radio. Went in to test for Technician Class, and they
encouraged me to take all the tests. Almost passed the Extra Class test without having
studied for it at all.

Anyway... currently awaiting my call sign, which they said should get assigned late this
week or early next week. Then I just need to find myself a radio. Unfortunately, that
will probably take a little while to slip into the budget, but at least I can use it as
soon as I get one. :)

--
Matthew Walker