Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Apr 17 18:13:41 MDT 2010

On 04/16/2010 11:11 AM, Doran L. Barton wrote:
> On Friday 09 April 2010, Ryan Simpkins proclaimed:
>> Anyone care to post a rational response to these views?
>
> I have.
>
> http://fozzolog.fozzilinymoo.org/politics/2010/04/the-deal-with-net-
> neutrality.html

You dealt with some aspects of net neutrality, but what about the rest?
  The Wikipedia article summarizes the issues that network neutrality
covers pretty well.  I agree with you, but let's talk about site
filtering as well.

What if an ISP charged $10/month for 15 Mbps access to specific popular
web sites, with 256 kbps access to the rest of the Internet?  The ISP
might have some peering agreements that make it possible.

I think such a service would be valuable for a lot of people, so I don't
currently think any law should try to prevent it.  However, ads for such
a service must not deceive customers into thinking that they will get 15
Mbps everywhere.

Shane