[OT] Salary Negotiations Advice

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:34:32 MDT 2010

On 4/15/2010 5:27 PM, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> I do recall hearing it said that whoever states a price first loses
> the negotiation. I think it's probably true in many cases.

I've heard this as well, and this advice has been good for me. I wait
for the employer to bring it up, then I start higher than I know they're
willing to pay, and haggle down. It seems to be a lot easier than asking
what they're willing to pay, the employer starting low, and trying to
haggle up. It's worked for me, and in most cases, I've gotten the salary
I was hoping to get.

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O