[OT] Salary Negotiations Advice

Ryan Byrd ryanbyrd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:34:09 MDT 2010

I think the key to any good negotiation is to make it multiple-aspect.
Don't just deal with one value like salary(even in a salary
negotiation.) What else is important to you? Vacation days? Work from
home days? One time bonuses? Try to negotiate a package that combines
all of those. Maybe your boss can't raise your salary by as much as
you want but he/she does have a pool of money for bonuses. Personally,
being able to work from home one day a week would be equivalent to,
say a 5k raise.

I'm sorry if that sounded like HR babble. I've done it and it works.
Remember: multi-aspect!

On Apr 15, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Robert Merrill <robertmerrill at gmail.com>
wrote