[way OT] - Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Apr 14 16:47:00 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 10:30 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:02:40 -0600
> Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 04/14/2010 09:23 AM, alpheus.madsen at juno.com wrote:
> > > Thus, Michael may be Canadian, but Canada isn't as friendly to
> > > private health insurance as he makes it out to be, either!
> >
> > But you lied when you said private health insurance was illegal.
> > Plain and simple.
>
> He may have erred, but that does not mean he lied. To lie includes an
> element of intent to deceive, a serious charge.

I stand by my original statement. Alpheus was parroting lies. That makes
him a liar.

There may be a difference between creating a lie and repeating it, but
I'm not sure it matters much. Some might argue for a softer, more
politically correct term, but I prefer to aim for clarity.

There's plenty of precedent for considering someone a liar even if they
don't know they're mistaken. ("You made a liar out of me, boy!")

Alpheus should not be asking himself, "am I a liar?" Clearly he is.
Instead, the question is "Why did I prefer to listen to and repeat the
lie?"

We're all liars and hypocrites at different times. The question is, are
we also strong enough to acknowledge reality, or will we continue to use
emotional filters to ignore truths we're don't want to hear. Political
correctness will not help us arrive at truth.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden