Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Tue Apr 13 16:20:05 MDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the kind of stuff that I worry about (warning, potential paywall):
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/8f5d6128-4400-11df-9235-00144feab49a.html

It's these kind of articles that get me a bit upset.  It seems Telcoms
are trying to get paid twice for the data that passes their network.
It seems they forget how the current system works.

Content providers pay to get their data on a network, networks
exchange data between each other (for free generally) in mutually
beneficial ways, and Content consumers pay to get the data from the
network.  So now the Consumer's network wants to get paid by the
provider in addition.  WTF?

If the telco doesn't like their existing peering agreements with other
networks, or can't handle the traffic their consumers are requesting,
they should either raise the rates to their consumers, or re-negotiate
their peering agreements.