Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Joshua Lutes joshua at lutes.me
Tue Apr 13 09:37:22 MDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Levi Pearson <levipearson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also have to wonder what people who call for dismantling of agencies
> like the FDA think would happen if the drug and supplement companies
> could simply say and do anything they pleased without any sort of
> regulatory bodies, even partially corrupt ones, regulating them?  The
> free market idea depends on rational, well-informed beings, but
> advertising dollars are intended explicitly to subvert rational
> decision making, and with advances in understanding of human
> cognition, they are getting very effective.  If they can bend the very
> visible and high-profile FDA to their will now, how much more so would
> they be able to bend the wills of various smaller and less visible
> entities if the FDA were disbanded entirely?

I don't know.  It seems like people would be sort of upset if
companies just lied about stuff.  Maybe something like Underwriters
Laboratories which serves for consumer electronics would pop up to
take care of abuse.  Or, at least, to assure consumers of the lack
thereof in legitimate companies.

Here is an alright article by John Stossel that questions if we need
the FDA: http://www.radicalacademy.com/studentrefpolitics22f.htm.

Joshua.