Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

alpheus.madsen at alpheus.madsen at
Mon Apr 12 22:23:34 MDT 2010

> Well, shut up, put your money where your mouth is, and start
> your own ISP.  No, you can't say it's a money problem.  Money's
> out there for this sort of thing, you just have to sell it to
> the right investors.  People will give you money for anything
> if you sell it right.  Can't sell it?  Find someone who can who
> will.  Think that's too much work?  Well, now we're at the real
> issue, aren't we.  Oh, laziness.

Of course, it isn't quite that simple:  government regulations often make it very difficult to start up something new, especially if you want to start out small, but get into a highly regulated industry.  A very good description of this, from a farmer's perspective, is given in a book called "Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal", by Joel Salatin.

I, for one, would like to see the radio spectrum completely opened up.  I first read about the idea of Open Spectrum a few months ago, and I was especially surprised at learning about technology that would allow multiple signals to be broadcast on the same frequency--and that, by having lots of receivers and lots of transmitters, it actually made the technology work better!  It would be especially good in cities, where every reflection off of a building counts as a transmitter.  The main difficulty with this technology is that it requires a lot of computing power, which would be difficult to put in tiny portable devices like cell phones.

Regulation prevents abuse, but it is also a burden that sometimes prevents competition as well.  I, for one, would like to see regulation cut back greatly, and to see subsidies of any sort removed altogether.

Get Discounts on New Cars
Find the Lowest Prices on Cars and Trucks