Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Apr 12 21:14:58 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 11:40 -0600, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> But why find fault with a business for focusing on money? Really?
> Step in their shoes for a second--their reactions seem fairly natural
> and unsurprising.

So does arson and clear cutting forests if you in the home building
business. Does the benefit of such to shareholders also free them from
the need to provide any other benefit to society?

The assumption that the western model of allegiance to shareholders
above all else is the one true way to do business is myopic. It's a
fundamentally flawed model. We could learn a lot from companies that put
more emphasis on long term survival instead of short term returns. To
say nothing of learning from countries that recognize a greater
responsibility to employees specifically and the community or nation
generally.

Is your argument really so simplistic as:
1) The goal of a company is to make money.
2) Given that companies are good and anything that prevent them from
making money is bad...
3) Anything that prevents a company from making money is bad.
4) And anyone that suggests that a company consider anything other than
the bottom line is not only bad but stupid.

'Cause that seems like pretty flawed logic to me.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden