Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Apr 12 21:03:19 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 11:24 -0600, Daniel C. wrote:
> Aside from the obvious problems of making this, and only this, illegal
> - which is difficult if not impossible - you're also saying that we
> should stomp on the ability of a network owner to provide "value
> added" services to their customers.  To you and I, the value added in
> this specific instance is less than zero, but it's possible that "this
> kind of behavior" (catching non-existent DNS requests and handling
> them intelligently) might in the future be used in a way that does
> benefit customers.  Unless, of course, it's illegal.

I wish my cell phone provider would take the same active approach to
fundamentally changing the expected behavior of a technology and then
repeatedly lie about having done it.

Perhaps they could start by randomly changing my cellphone background to
pictures of harleypig in a bikini. To you and I, the value added in this
specific instance is less than zero, but it's possible that "this kind
of behavior" (setting disturbing background photos) might in the future
be used in a way that does benefit customers.

I dunno. Maybe the lying to customers part is worth thinking about a
little more.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden