Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Apr 12 20:49:12 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 11:17 -0600, Steven Alligood wrote:
> It should be illegal to put up advertising billboards, just because you
> don't like them?

Yup, pretty much.

I mean, that's the whole point of government isn't it? Without a method
to arrive at societal decisions like "billboards suck" and punish any
jerk that tries to ruin things for everyone else, it'd be pretty much
impossible to live in populations of more than a couple dozen.

Despite the impression you might get listening to the crackpots
hijacking the right, government can be a force for good, and when left
unbalanced by other powers capitalism can be a force for great evil.

> the Internet is NOT a basic human right

Who gets to decide it isn't or shouldn't be? You? Why?

Look how universal education transformed our country. Look how rural
mail delivery transformed our country. Look how the interstate road
system transformed our country. Why is universal, unpolluted Internet a
line too far?

using enough of it." - Chris Maden