Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Dallin Jones squitoey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:57:45 MDT 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:47 AM, William Attwood wrote:

> The fault is not their focus on money, their fault is that they came into
> this project with an understanding of the founding principles, and due to
> money, they now want to change that understanding; change how the Internet
> is.
Businesses are required by law to focus on money. If I am a stock holder of a company and that company does not do everything in their power to make money for me, there will be some serious problems. What is the point of a business being in business if it isn't making money?

> I suppose there's growth in everything, and the key factor to that is money.
> I'm only concerned of the extreme side of things such as China; we pride
> ourselves on our government and internet.  It appears both are changing,
> quickly. ;-)

Why are we comparing things to China? Doesn't the fact that Comcast/Sprint (et. al.) can do that show how wonderful a country we live in. If you don't like a company changing things, then vote with your money and go somewhere else. The free market is the best way for all of these problems to go away. If you don't like Comcast, go with Qwest, if you don't like Qwest, get a naked DSL line and select a third party like XMission or Fibernet.

Dallin