Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

William Attwood wattwood at
Mon Apr 12 11:47:41 MDT 2010

The fault is not their focus on money, their fault is that they came into
this project with an understanding of the founding principles, and due to
money, they now want to change that understanding; change how the Internet

I suppose there's growth in everything, and the key factor to that is money.
 I'm only concerned of the extreme side of things such as China; we pride
ourselves on our government and internet.  It appears both are changing,
quickly. ;-)

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Nicholas Leippe <nick at> wrote:

> > Sounds like Comcast, et al., have some serious vision issues for the
> public
> > and are too focused on money.
> Does that surprise anyone in the least?
> They are a /business/. If they didn't do everything in their power to
> maximize their profit, what would their shareholders scream? The
> internet is not a humanitarian effort. It's not a right. There's no
> "moral good" to be had from providing better service at lower cost to
> their customers. They aren't a government agency paid for by tax
> dollars (actually, some of their infrastructure is subsidized, so
> there's some argument to be had there), and are not governed by
> elected officials to service some public good. They're in it to make
> money.
> Now while it may not be good for you or I--that's just the way it works.
> We can always (usually) vote with our dollars and reward those
> businesses that do care more about service than profit--help them
> survive with a less efficient cash flow.
> But why find fault with a business for focusing on money? Really?
> Step in their shoes for a second--their reactions seem fairly natural
> and unsurprising.
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe: