Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Mon Apr 12 11:45:10 MDT 2010

> What seems shady to me is not that they're catching non-existent DNS
> requests, but that they're redirecting all DNS requests through their
> servers, regardless of the DNS server you are interested in using.

Actually, I'm not in the least surprised. I'll bet there are lots of
ISPs that do just this. They can host a giant cache and eliminate a
lot of traffic to their uplink. They are getting billed for it, after
all.

Why do you think most ISPs offer their own DNS forwarding servers in
the first place? It isn't just because Windows doesn't ship with it's
own resolver and the list of root DNS servers.