Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Apr 9 20:19:58 MDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Christer Edwards <
christer.edwards at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I think everyone on this list knows what net neutrality stands for

But I can just about guarantee they wouldn't all agree on one detailed
definition.

There are those who believe that nn means a couple of heavy torrent users
can bring down a comcast neighborhood and comcast isn't allowed to do
anything about it.  Some people would actually limit browsers so strictly in
their compliance that not only IE, but Firefox and Safari should be illegal.

I think an open, neutral Internet is better than CompuServe, The Source,
Prodigy, etc.  I'm generally in favor of my definition of net neutrality.
 But what some people call net neutrality and want legislated seems
counter-productive to me.