Net Neutrality Is Marxist?

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 19:57:42 MDT 2010

On 4/9/2010 7:45 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:51:37 -0600
> Christer Edwards <christer.edwards at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> I think everyone on this list knows what net neutrality stands for,
>
> Actually, now that I think of it, I know what I think it means. Has
> anyone got a concise neutral definition of the term?

From Wikipedia:

"Network neutrality is a principle proposed for user access networks
participating in the Internet that advocates no restrictions on content,
sites, or platforms, on the kinds of equipment that may be attached, and
on the modes of communication allowed, as well as communication that is
not unreasonably degraded by other traffic.

"The principle states that if a given user pays for a certain level of
Internet access, and another user pays for the same level of access,
that the two users should be able to connect to each other at the
subscribed level of access."

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O