A new line of arm-based plug computers

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:55:02 MDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 11:26 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Very nice! I've been using the Router Station Pro at work for my
> embedded development, and have been very happy, but booting from
> non-flash media (like SD) would be *very* nice. With the RS Pro I am
> limited to booting from the on-board flash (using RedBoot by the way),
> which means I have to flash every device I ship, rather than just
> writing a batch of SD cards (much easier).

The Router Station Pro looks very good for home made routers, though.
For my purpose if it had twice as much RAM, or better 512 MB of RAM and
a CF slot (or a lot more flash), that would be ideal for my purposes.
Quite a bit cheaper than an Alix board.

> The price is right, too. That's a nice CPU for that price.

Agreed.  I am about to place an order for the GuruPlug server.  Probably
will ship in May some time.