A new line of arm-based plug computers

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Wed Apr 7 11:26:55 MDT 2010

On 4/5/2010 4:56 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:

> You can also use u-boot to netboot the debian installer and it should be
> able to write directly to an SD card or USB card.  Writing to the
> internal flash requires you get it running on SD, USB, or NFSROOT, and
> then copy it over to the flash from your running setup.

Very nice! I've been using the Router Station Pro at work for my
embedded development, and have been very happy, but booting from
non-flash media (like SD) would be *very* nice. With the RS Pro I am
limited to booting from the on-board flash (using RedBoot by the way),
which means I have to flash every device I ship, rather than just
writing a batch of SD cards (much easier).

The price is right, too. That's a nice CPU for that price.

--Dave