Possibly OT: Splitting Hairs Over GPL?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed Apr 7 10:32:54 MDT 2010

I've got a question about the legal use of some software licensed under the GPL in conjunction with commercial software I'm writing.  In particular, I'd like to allow my commercial software installer to install a full copy of GhostScript, then have my commercial software make a command-line call to the installation of GhostScript to convert a PDF to a JPG.

If you are to believe the Artifex website (owners of GhostScript) this is not allowed.

If you are to believe the GPL website, this is allowed.

Anyone have some experience or knowledge on this topic?

Thanks!

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com