A new line of arm-based plug computers

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Mon Apr 5 16:17:06 MDT 2010

On 4/5/2010 1:35 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> Over the last few months several people have talked about embedded linux
> systems.  If you want to play with a very affordable, extremely
> powerful, embedded linux system, check out these:
>
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-4-guruplugs.aspx
>
> I'm wondering if the guruplug server plus would make a nice little router.

Nice!  At 5W I think I will replace my home firewall (tower) with the
GuruPlug Server Plus version (two Ethernet ports).

How would one go about installing Linux on one of these devices?  I see
that it does not have a VGA or serial interface.  Is there software the
comes with it for a USB terminal interface?  Would a USB CD-ROM work
with this device, or is a PXE installation going to be needed, or will
the OS have to be somehow prewritten to the minisd card??

Thanks,
Kenneth