Dansguardian Issues

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 11:02:06 MDT 2010

On 04/04/2010 12:17 AM, Richard Esplin wrote:
> On a PLUG thread from March 27, Jon Jensen suggested that I add these two lines to my squid.conf to make it harder for sites to recognize that I am using Squid (and thus less likely that they will break just because of Squid):
>
> header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all
> header_access Via deny all
>
> Perhaps it is the inclusion of those configuration parameters that allows my DG+Squid configuration to work with this site.

My squid doesn't recognize those parameters.  I'm using  version
3.1.0.17. It does, however, recognize "request_header_access."  However
these two lines don't seem to have any effect for me.  The site still
comes up blank.

I'm going to do some packet sniffing and see if I can figure out what is
different. Between Squid and tinyproxy.