ISP options

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Oct 27 16:03:36 MDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 03:40:32PM -0600, Dallin Jones wrote:
> > If ISPs don't want customers to use massive amounts of bandwidth, they
> > should set clear and fair policies.  This would require striking the
> > word "unlimited" from all marketing materials.
>
> Since when has "unlimited" ever meant unlimited. You have to remember
> that there is always a little asterisk that has some caveat in it.

Asterisks make things legal, not honest.  As long as ISPs use the word
"unlimited" (asterisk or no), my sympathies will always side with the
customers.

> Realistically would you buy bandwidth from a company on a per MB or GB
> basis?

I would much rather go with a company that sets fair but reasonable
limits than one that uses arbitrary, variable, and non-disclosed limits.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/