Job: Corporate Windows/Linux/Mac System Administrator

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Thu Oct 22 07:58:34 MDT 2009

CORPORATE WINDOWS/LINUX/MAC SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (full-time)
Public Engines, a Salt Lake City-based company, is currently recruiting
an experienced System Administrator who will manage our corporate
servers and networks, as well as help manage our production systems.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage our Windows server, including Exchange, Active Directory, and
file shares
- Manage 30+ desktop computers (about half Windows and half Mac OS X)
- Provide internal technical support to employees
- Arrange purchases for corporate workstations, software, and peripherals
- Track all corporate assets and software licenses
- Help arrange user transition to new office space
- Transition server to Linux-based services

REQUIRED SKILLS
- 5+ years managing Windows servers, including Exchange 2007 and Active
Directory
- 3+ years managing Windows and Mac OS X desktops
- 2+ years managing Linux servers, including Samba
- Good communication and follow-up with users

OTHER BENEFICIAL SKILLS
- Zimbra groupware server
- Redhat/CentOS
- Asterisk PBX systems
- OpenLDAP
- Issue tracking systems

EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years or more experience is required.

ABOUT PUBLIC ENGINES
Founded in 2006, Public Engines provides Web-based Software as a Service
(SaaS) products to help government agencies manage and control the
sharing of data directly with local communities. Public Engines'
direct-to-community products enhance the ability of government entities
to communicate time-sensitive and sometimes critical information to
local communities.

Through its flagship product, CrimeReports.com , Public Engines provides
law enforcement agencies with an affordable, secure, easy-to-use
Web-based service for sharing crime data with the public in near
real-time. Community members can access this information for free,
empowering them to make informed decisions to help heighten awareness
and improve the safety of their families, friends, property and the
community at large.

Public Engines is based in the Sugar House neighborhood of Salt Lake
City and currently serves over 500 law enforcement agencies across the
US and Canada. You may choose to work out of our Orem location or the
main Sugar House office until we consolidate to a new office (probably
in the Draper area).

PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME IN PDF FORMAT.