Linux Network Operation Center Manager

Jim Wright Jwright at perelson.com
Wed Oct 21 17:54:20 MDT 2009

I have another position in Utah County.  This one is for a Network
Operation Center Manager.  Must have a strong Linux and NOC background.
Here are some of the responsibilities.  Senior Position with an exciting
company.  This person needs to be a Player/Coach who can manage a team
but still stay close to the technology.  If you want to hear more call
or email me.  Salary in the low 100's.

Jim Wright
jwright at perelson.com
Technology Recruiter
Prince, Perelson & Associates
(801)365-0407

Position Summary:
The Operations Center Manager is the primary interface with the
operations team and technical support regarding Operations. The
Operations Center Manager manages a team of individuals that work
directly with our customers to resolve problems. This position is
responsible for scheduling activities to ensure that our network systems
are running at peak efficiency. The Operations Center Manager handles
escalations between our
network, outside vendors and customers; hires and manages the Operations
Center team; and keeps upper management abreast of Operations Center
activities. This is a hands-on position. Intimate knowledge of Linux
based
Internet services is required.

Responsibilities:
* Establish and manage the growth of the Network Operations Center.
* Manage operations 24/7 service to have no unscheduled downtime.
* Develop, implement, document and enforce Operations Center policies
and procedures.
* Develop and manage customer relationships.
* Hire, train, and motivate Operations Center staff.
* Coordinate the rollout of new releases with customers, development
groups, and vendors.
* Maintain good relationships with difficult customers while resolving
their issues quickly.
* Make sound technological and business decisions in a
resource-restricted environment.
* Stay aware of technological developments in the networking industry
and find the best ways of operating our technology.
* Specify and define tools to assist in the operation of service.
* Work with Engineering to specify Operation's and customer's needs.
Requirements:
* Three or more years managing Operations Center environments,
preferably with an Internet based service company.
* Experience in dealing with remote operations.
* Ability to quickly diagnose network operation issues using common
network tools.
* Successful project management experience.
* Experience with developing, maintaining and reporting on SLAs.
* Ability to be hands-on with technology and lead in problem analysis
and resolution.
* A desire to mentor and share knowledge with colleagues and reports.
* The ability to have fun while working hard and motivating/influencing
others in a fast-paced atmosphere.
* Willingness to work long hours to achieve goals.
* BS/MS in CS or equivalent of experience preferred.
* Achievement orientation; strong commitment to provide top-rate service
to internal and external
customers.
* Excellent listening, judgment and communication skills with an
organized and systematic mind.