drbd experience

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Mon Oct 12 19:40:32 MDT 2009

has anyone in the group had much experience with drbd setups? i'm
working on a setup, which i am affectionately calling 'ghetto san,' to
use for some virtual machines and lab environments. i was planning on
doing a raid 10 on two boxes and then running drbd across the top of
them to provide some server level redundancy. when i was discussing this
plan with a co-worker, he suggested using a raid0 at the server level
and then relying on drbd for the redundancy. has anyone tried this or
have any thoughts on it? in theory it makes sense to me but part of me
is going 'ewwwww, raid0 on a server.' any thoughts? thx

mike