Where to get laptop RAM in SLC area?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Oct 8 06:09:17 MDT 2009

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:59:23 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> I have a Lenovo R51, which takes a 1 GB PC2700 DDR SODIMM 333 MHz
> memory card. Alas, the memory card I have for it just died, and I am
> down to the 256 MB that came with the computer. Since I am coming into
> Sandy for the UTOSC, I figure I should grab a replacement while I am
> there. Is there a store convenient to the conference venue which is
> likely to have what I need?
>
> thanks
>
> One point for Linux: Ubuntu is slow but fully operational in 256MB of
> RAM (244 excluding the video RAM). Try that with Vista or W7. :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lonnie Olson suggested Best Buy. As I went past Orem en route last
night I stopped at the Best Buy there. They had what I needed, for
$69.43 (tax included). I opened up my laptop, put the new RAM in, fired
up the beastie, and ran Memtest86+ right there in the parking lot.
Everything looked good, so I drove off. (Thereby redefining the term
Field Replaceable Unit [FRU]. :-)

http://www.charlescurley.com/blog/, btw.