Memory

Robert G. Paxman rpaxman at byu.edu
Tue Oct 6 11:36:09 MDT 2009

PLUG Members,

Sorry to start a new thread, but I did not feel this question quite fits
the old one.

Why is everyone so enamored with crucial for memory?  I have always gone
to dealram.com, and searched for my memory there.  Most often I have
found that crucial does not even make the top ten for price.  There are
several other places that provide memory at better prices and stand
behind it with a lifetime warranty.  18004memory is one such place.  I
have had only one failure with memory from them and they replaced it
overnight with no questions asked.  Crucial wants me to send the memory
back and then I might see a replacement in a week or so.

What am I missing that puts crucial so high on everyone's list?

Robert.