[OT] Video camera (and other) batteries

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Oct 5 12:00:50 MDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
> On 05 Oct 2009, at 10:20, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

>> I'm wondering if anyone can make a recommendation for buying batteries
>> online.

> I just went to BatteriesPlus ( http://www.batteriesplus.com/ ) in Orem
> for the first time the other day.

So, I wasn't going to mention them by name, but they've now been
brought up twice...

My wife recently went to BatteriesPlus and they wanted 4X as much for
the same battery found online (same name brand and from 10's of
different online resellers).  This is the kinda thing that makes it
hard to know if you're getting what you pay for (either way).  If the
price difference was only 15 or 20%, I'd assume they're identical
batteries and just buy the dumb thing wherever it was most continent.
400% differences make me wonder what's going on.

Gabe