[OT] Video camera (and other) batteries

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Oct 5 11:34:23 MDT 2009

On 05 Oct 2009, at 10:20, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can make a recommendation for buying batteries
> online.  I'm not typically in the market and haven't worked with
> anyone in the past.  Add to that, my fear of rip-off, cheap, only last
> 6-months and then ruin your equipment batteries, and you can see why
> I'm reaching out for your advise.  I have no trust for the little
> black boxes and very little for online resellers.
>
> So, the obvious answer is to buy from an established name and pay full
> price.  Where is the fun in that?
>
> Recommendations?  Cautions?

Hi Gabe,

I just went to BatteriesPlus ( http://www.batteriesplus.com/ ) in Orem
for the first time the other day.  I needed some small watch
batteries.  They had tons of batteries and the ones I needed were
cheaper than other places I had looked.  I usually by my generic
batteries from RadioShack or Costco.  Granted, they were not video
camera batteries.  I have never really looked for video camera
batteries.  Might be something worth going back to the manufacturer for.

Cheers,
Jonathan