Thanks for the Memories

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:23:20 MST 2009

Charles Curley wrote:
> The Ubuntu is 32 bit. It's a recent installation, with /home on its own
> LV. I wonder if installing a 64 OS will be worth it, at least for
> now.

If you use a PAE kernel, 32-bits should work fine (that's what I use).
If you don't use PAE, memory is more limited (IE a single process can
only address 2 GB of RAM at a time).  PAE has it's short-comings, but it
works well enough.  64-bit might be good for you too, but I find mainly
it just wastes my disk space.  It is required for more than 4 GB of RAM,
though.