Thanks for the Memories

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sun Nov 29 19:54:20 MST 2009

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:48:13 -0700
Mr Ritter <plug at candlefire.org> wrote:

> You didn't mention anything about the voltages, and that can be key
> with performance memory.  Check that you have the proper voltages set
> in the BIOS.  Voltages differ based on product, see if you can find
> the specifics for your exact memory modules.

Thanks. The docs say 1.8V, and that's what the BIOS shows.

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/partsinfo.asp?root=&LinkBack=&ktcpartno=KVR667D2N5K2/2G&id=2

I've seen mention in the ASUS forum of cranking the voltage up, but I'm
reluctant to do that due to concern for burning the things out.